Sunday, August 14, 2011

Stuffy Nose and Stuffed Frog



Yes, it really does take 15 minutes to upload one photo. So I am uploading a photo while I write a short post in Word.

Today was our day off and we actually went somewhere. Well, we went to Kirivong, which is another training village, to see the other trainees and to see this mountain they were all bragging about.
Well the mountain was pretty cool. It was hard-core, scorching hot, steep, and through the jungle. Then at the top there was the remains of an ancient temple, a beautiful view of the green rice fields, and a glimpse at the Vietnam border.
And on the way down, the sky had a gift for us—rain! This felt great but made the trail realllly slippery. But we made it alive and mostly all in one piece.
As exciting as the trip to Kirivong was, I didn’t get a chance to do my laundry or to study Khmer. Bad bad bad.
And I probably made my cold that much worse. I hate having a cold here.

My favorite thing about my family is how close they all are and how hard they are always laughing with each other. Except when theres drama lol. I don’t really know whats going on. According to my younger siblings, my older sister is angry at my older brother. According to my mom, my sister is sick. According to my mom, I’m sick (lol). I also think I might have offended my mom because she didn’t want me to help with the dishes tonight but I wouldn’t take no for an answer. Ah well.

I found a large dead millipede in my room today.
I have had frog for almost every meal in the last week. Enough is enough.
I denied my first Khmer food today. My mom tried to feed my duck fetus. No thank you.
My family loves peanut butter. As do I.
Khmer people make the best Iced Coffee ever.
Khmer people love American wrestling. I’m not sure if they know it is fake.
My youngest brother dropped my camera today. He felt so bad that he wanted me to hit him with a comb ten times. What? No way.

Picture descriptions:
First is the view from the Guest House we stayed in for a few days before we moved in with our host family. I’d say it’s a typical provincial street. Across the street is the place I had breakfast a few times.
Second is a great picture of me and my host family! Just kidding. My and some cows/water buffalo. I don’t know what exactly they are. But they rock.

1 comment:

  1. Why haven't I heard this comb story? Are you now rethinking the decision not to hit him?

    ReplyDelete