Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Random Photo Blog, Part II

These photos are from February and March, 2013
I'm slowly catching up with uploading photos!
Be patient, more to come.

This is from my bike ride to Kampong Cham town from my site

It was a 63k, or 40 mile bike ride

Fishermen on the river in Kampong Cham

The bamboo bridge, leading to an island in the middle of the river

Every dry season, they rebuild this bridge, and then take it down every rainy season


Crossing the bridge

On the island

The bridge from the "beach" on the island

This is an old lighthouse. I've heard it was built by the French in the 50s.

It's a steep climb

Made it to the top

Some of the views

You can see the island and the bamboo bridge way in the distance






Sunset from the other side of the river. You can see the silhouette of the lighthouse

Working in the library


Sophak, my best guitar student

Chivorn, the class clown

Meeting in front of the school

silly teacher

Kanha and Laitheam

Sreynoch


This is my music class at Wat Phnom in Phnom Penh

We traveled around the capital for a while on our way to the Create Cambodia festival

They wanted to stop and burn incense at the pagoda

We walked the entire length of the riverside.

We went to the National Museum

All my music students

With Teacher

Feeding the fish





In front of the National Museum

Then I took them to the mall, which was a cool, fun culture shock for them

I brought them to the arcade and treated them to some games

So much fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment