Saturday, June 15, 2013

One Month, One Thing

Ladies and Gentlemen, here it is.
I have one month left here in country.
Actually, less than a month.
And only 2 weeks left here in my village.
But anyway, we have reached the end of our countdown.
In a future blog post, I will recap the whole list, but for now, here is the last one.

One thing I can't wait for

  1. Now maybe this is far too general, but I can't wait for the future. I mean that I can't wait to start this next chapter of my life. Up to this point, every couple of years could be neatly organized into "chapters"- Peace Corps, College, etc. The next chapter is starting, and I honestly don't know what it's going to all be about. I have some ideas, some of which could potentially make me very happy. I guess I'll figure out over the next few months where this chapter will lead me.
One thing I don't want to leave
  1. Being a volunteer. In this life, every day I wake up with an opportunity to make a difference in peoples' lives on the other side of the world. It's never easy, but on the rare occasion when something goes right, it's the best feeling in the world. Here, I have time for others and for making a difference. I don't have to worry about work getting in the way because it IS my work. I know I'll always find ways to do what I can for this world, but I know it will never be in this way ever again. 

The following pictures are from an in-country vacation I took with some fellow volunteers.

Kratie Province, visiting the endangered fresh water dolphins

Out on the boat

See 2 of them?



tuk tuk

Prey Veng Vixens

Typical Transportation. Just climb over the bags of mangoes and try to find a place to park your butt

Now this is a waterfall in Mondulkiri Province. It's small because we went during dry season.


This is how awesome people hike




No comments:

Post a Comment