Monday, June 3, 2013

Random Photo Blog

With about a month left here in Cambodia, I'm realizing just how far behind I am on posting photos. I often try to think of something good to blog about, just for an excuse to post a few photos. I got nothing. Well, nothing that I want to get into right now. I think you can look forward to a blog about our recent Camp G.L.O.W. very soon though.

For now, enjoy these random 21 pictures that I took between the months of October and December. Hooray I'm almost caught up to 2013!


A Pagoda for Pchum Ben festival, the second biggest Cambodian holiday.

It's a Buddhist holiday for offering sacrifices to one's ancestors. They are offering rice by the spoonful here.

Good luck finding your shoes when you want to leave.

Getting blessed by the monk

These are all food sacrifices from local families. The monks accept it and eat it. They believe that then the food is passed on to the ancestors.

Did you really expect the monks to be able to finish all that? After the monks have their fill, it's our turn to eat.

Solita, a couple weeks old, in her "crib"


"I'm not sure how I feel about this American dress, Aunt Diana"

Emily had a friend over. I did not approve.

This was the first time I spotted the Bengal Monitor in my backyard

He was eating a bullfrog and making quite a ruckus. 

This was at a party at the church near my village that I go to on weekends. This is a homemade meat griller lol.

Seoungyoon, a Korean volunteer who lived near me. He became a very good friend. This was his goodbye party, so I came to say goodbye.

However, the story didn't end there. Stay tuned.

Emily, looking good.

Can you find Emily?

My sister and her daughter on a typical afternoon. I was just impressed by how much they look alike. Keke the dog is lookin' good too.

The second time I spotted the monitor lizard

The girls in my host family are terrified of it.

I think it's cool. 

In case you can't wait for my blog about Camp GLOW, you can check out my friend's awesome blog. He blogged as the camp was happening. This is the first blog. Keep clicking the right arrows until you get to the end of the event.




No comments:

Post a Comment